Monday, September 9, 2013

it starts in the kitchen...

     I use to believe the lie, which is, that if you work out, you can eat anything you want. I have learned that is not true, not only is it not true, but I think that it may be one of the biggest lies we tell ourselves. I went to my brother-in-law's wedding this weekend. Which is a great thing, but the not great thing is all the food I was faced with. I wish I could say that I chose the good things, but that is not the case at all. I ate horribly this weekend. Which, nothing is wrong with a cheat day, but I had a cheat weekend, not the best idea! I lied to myself, and I believed the lie, because I got up this morning thinking, I'll just go workout today and salvage all the unhealthiness. Well, something I have learned is that fitness truly does start in the kitchen. If you put bad things in your body, they wreak havoc, if you put good things in, they reap good things. So, today's workout was great, but I felt horrible doing it, the bad was wreaking havoc. So lesson learned, I don't think I will have a cheat weekend again, maybe a cheat day. I have put it to memory, fitness truly does start in the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment